(SOLVED) Appendix D: Eight Dimensions of Patient-Centered Care I
Type of Paper: Question-Answer
Academic Level: Undergrad. (yrs 1-2)
Paper Format: APA
Appendix D: Eight Dimensions of Patient-Centered Care I
Expert solution paper
Ans: Patient-centered care will help to overcome the unnecessary procedures, honors patient preferences, and improves patient health. Patient-centered care is also known as personalized care. The eight dimensions of patient-centered care originally applied to hospital-based care, they could apply equally to care in the ambulatory setting, these dimensions are:
1) Respect for the patient's values, preferences, and expressed needs; this is the most important point must be considered.
2) Information and education; the authenticity must be there to overcome the unnecessary spread of false information.
3) Access to care;
4) Emotional support to relieve fear and anxiety;
5) Involvement of family and friends;
6) Continuity and secure transition between health care settings;
7) Physical comfort; it will help to give internal satisfaction to the patients.
8) Coordination of care, the whole team work together to get good results, related to patient health.